Chau Doc, An Giang
Are you planning a holiday to Chau Doc? Discover the legendary and historical lands from the Mekong Delta and the majestic Sam Mountain. Especially, a group of more than 10 visitors will receive a discount of $2/person.
Chau Doc, a transit point to Cambodia, is the famous city in An Giang province and located in the northwest part of the Mekong Delta, about 250 km west of Ho Chi Minh City and about 120 km from Can Tho City in Vietnam. Therefore, bringing countless seafood resources during the floating season. Let’s discover the areas that has nurtured an eclectic mix of Cham, Khmer, Chinese and Vietnamese cultures and historical richness. Chau Doc is just a perfect location for a spiritual trip, eco-tourism and photography tours.
Visit Can Tho – Tra Su Cajuput Forest
Experience river cruises on Sampan (Vietnamese Wooden Boat)
Explore the bamboo bridge of ten thousand steps through the longest forest in the Southwest region and the house “Trong- Mai”
Visit The Holy Mother of the Realm (Bà Chúa Xứ) Temple
Visit Thoai Ngoc Hau Tomb
Hang Pagoda – Phuoc Dien Temple
Experience tour guide
Transportation: High quality car service according to the tour (depending on the actual number of registered visitors, we will arrange the car accordingly)
Motorboat fees to visit Tra Su Forest
Sampan (Wooden Boat) at Tra Su Forest
Entrance fees according to the tour itinerary
Tickets to visit Tra Su Forest
Breakfast: 01 special meal “Long Xuyen Rice”. Meals: 01 lunch, 01 dinner
Bottles of water
Travel insurance: Package according to regulations 20,000,000 VND/case
Personal entertainment and expenses for meals, transportation outside the program
Value Added Invoice
Sun-hat, sun glasses
Insect repellent cream
Rain-coat in case of raining reason
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee
Children: from 1 – 5 years old Free of charge (group of 10 visitors)
Children from 6 – 12 years old : 50 % of charge (group of 10 visitors)
Can Tho – Tra Su Cajuput Forest – Have Breakfast
04h00: Car and tour guide will wait you at the pick-up point, start the tour from Ho Chi Minh City – Chau Doc – full day.
Traveling to An Giang by beginning the trip to Long Xuyen. Here, you’ll be able to enjoy the famous specialty “Long Xuyen Rice”.
10:30: Arrive to Tra Su Cajuput Forest, you will be able to:
– Visit the natural landscapes of Tra Su forest, you move by “tac rang” through the forest – where the unique reproduction of the flooded forest system of the Mekong Delta.
– Go through amazing lotus ponds, the rows of dark green water hyacinth, continue to experience sitting on “sampan” (wooden boat) to visit the interesting area of storks, cauldrons nestings.
– Explore the bamboo bridge of ten thousand steps through the longest forest in the Vietnamese Southwest region and explore the house of “Trong-Mai”.
– Come to the watchtower, you can enjoy the panoramic view of the vast cajuput forest, flocks of storks flying.
Tour guide takes you to the restaurant to have lunch with local specialties and free to rest.
Afternoon & Evening:
13h30: Car and tour guide take you to Chau Doc to visit:
– Temple of the Goddess of Sam Mountain: A sacred place that annually attracts millions of pilgrims to pray and has been fulfilled by many people. Be able to listen from the tour guide explaining the legend and anecdotes about the famous Lady Chua Xu Thanh Mau Chau Doc. You can also pray for your family and loved ones.
– Tomb of Thoai Ngoc Hau: Son Lang is one of the founding fathers of the Nguyen Dynasty, a general who has contributed to expanding the southwestern region of the country.
– Hang Pagoda – Phuoc Dien Temple: With a history of more than 100 years, is one of the four historical and cultural relics of Sam mountain.
15h00: Get on the bus/car to move back to Ho Chi Minh City. On the way back, the group is free to rest and have dinner at famous spring roll factory, Nem Lai Vung Ut, so that visitors can buy gifts for their loved ones.
21h30: The visitors returned to Ho Chi Minh City. Saigon Global Tour will celebrate farewell and hope to see every customer again!
We visited Ho Chi Minh City. An excellent 1-day tour of the city, with SaigonGlobal Tour, Ms. Ly, who was really knowledgeable, to temples, the Cathedral, old Post Office, Market and War Remnants Museum. We couldn’t have been more impressed, with all our many questions answered during the tour.
Such friendly and knowledgeable people who were able to answer all our questions about the city and the history from the terrible war.
Overall a good tour though we didn’t manage to visit Ben Thanh Market which was closed during the Tet Holidays.